Augusta's location makes it an ideal place to experience some of the many natural and wild attractions within the Cape to Cape region of Western Australia.
The Cape region stretches from Cape Naturaliste to Cape Leeuwin with Margaret River, Dunsborough, Busselton and Augusta in between.
- Climb Leeuwin lighthouse and see where the two oceans meet
- Enter the underground world of Jewel cave or indulge in one of the many other cave experiences
- Visit the historic waterwheel, near Cape Leeuwin
- Spot the large sting rays at Hamelin Bay
- Do a Wildflower Tour from September to November (book at the local tourist office)
- View the fascinating historic displays at the Augusta Museum
- Walk a section of the Cape to Cape Trail recently included in the "Great Walks of Australia"
- Take a Blackwood River cruise aboard the Miss Flinders (seasonal)
- Hire a canoe or kayak and discover the Blackwood River
- Entertain the kids at the Augusta Mini Golf with mini-putt courses and trampolines
- Go on a whale watching cruise and witness the antics of the Humpback Whales (May to Sept)
- Visit the many local wineries or galleries
- Enjoy a spot of golf at the local golf club
For a full list of things to do in the area visit www.margaretriver.com